EAA Chapter 1116 Board Directors meeting
January 04, 2018, at 6 PM
Location Coco's restaurant Varner Road Palm Desert
A. Opening- Nels Carlson President
1. Introductions members and guests, Sign-up sheet for those present.
Note: All Members and guests are invited to board meeting.
Non board members must be recognized at the appropriate time
to participate in the conversations and discussions.
2. Reading of December 07, 2017 , Board Meeting minutes – Bert Ayers
3. Financial report—Dan Terzian
B. Old Business:
1. Nels; as previously reported, Young Eagle chairman, Roger Ward and Carlos Bojorquez coordinator are preparing for a Rally in January 20th. Discussion for the event and the need for volunteers and airplanes
2 Report and discussion re December 16th Xmas party.
4. Old business from the floor and member comments.
C. New Business:
1. Arlene report on her planed Eagle flight January 13th. Need support and aircraft. Who's volunteering?
2. Discuss future projects and events. Propose young Eagle Flights for March, May, July and October. Fly-ins and fly-outs. Member participation as well as 99's.
3. Lew Jennings will be our speaker for January general meeting . I'll get the word out for general meeting! Bert prepare certificate of appreciation for Lew at the meeting. Lew's book will be available for sale. Rafael has obtained the Sheriff's conference room for this event, make a note of the change in location.
4. Officers for 2018-2019: Nels president, John Stevens VP, DanTerzian Treasurer, Arlene Eagle flight program, Roger and Carlos Young Eagle Flights and Orman Safety officer. Review remaining positions to be filled and most importantly Secretary Discuss possible volunteer for position. . Boards committee previously recommended slate of officers and Board approved same. Membership approved boards recommendation of officers with a voice vote at the Xmas party on the 16th .
5. Discussion concerning “ Carlos” ability to carry out our Young Eagle program
Hopefully he will attend the board meeting to discuss. Carlos report on January 20th event which is scheduled after general meeting. Contact John Komburoff for hangar use, start about 11 AM, Nels still has a list of names for Carlos's
6 . Any new business or Board actions, now's the time for discussion & motions.
1. Badges requested- Doug Hay: Report if present and needed.
2. EAA Shirts-- Doug : Report , New chapter polo shirts and T-shirts
3. Next general meeting January 20, 2018 at 9 AM Pilot lounge
Next Board meeting 6 PM at Coco's Palm Desert on February 1st, 2018
4. Motion to adjourn.
Click to add text, images, and other content
EAA Chapter 1116 General meeting
November 18, 2017 at 9 AM
Location, Thermal Airport Pilot Lounge
A. Opening- Nels Carlson President opened meeting at 9:10 Am
1. All officers present except Secretary Bert on vacation, John Stevens to take minutes. New acting Treasure is Dan Terzian, Marty's replacement
Coffee available, no donuts.
2. 14 members and guests sign in sheet with 3 young youths students and the high school academy teacher “Steven Ramos” attending with his son.
3. Member introductions and conversation, discussed locations for future flight activities and a need for more aircraft to participate for non-aircraft member and 99's to be included. Need a member as Flight director to organize the program.
4. Discussion on young Eagle flight program to be headed by Roger Ward and Carlos Bojorquez. Nels to hand over his list of interested students to Carlos for possible January 20th after meeting, event. Steven Ramos talk about High School program and the willingness to participate and wear possible and indicated volunteers for our youth programs. Discussed other options for student flights and ground school: Roger Ward and the Jacqueline Cochran program as well as the CVYAEP program provide by Rafael Sierra and volunteers.
5. 99's 600 Havasu air-race, member Arlene Wohlgemuth and husband participated and placed third out of 17 aircraft, Congratulation from the chapter, well done! Arlene and volunteers Orman and Nels gave detail of their involvement in race.
6. John Kamburoff talked about San Bernardino airport. Nels reported on resent trip to Texas concerning possible aircraft purchase.
B. Board Directors Report:
1. We wished the best for Marty and fast recovery from his current medical issues
2. Xmas Party, have 4 volunteers for Friday and Saturday will be sending out invitations for the event. Further planning will be a board meeting issue. Need all to participate!
3. Officer selections and chairmanships, still need volunteers and the most pressing is Secretary
4. Arlene,Possible Eagle flight scheduled for January 13, 2018, need 5 aircraft. Respond!
5. Nels read report from Sid Burks concerning Boy Scout and Academy activities.
1. John Stevens was to talk about 28 cylinder radial engines and had to pass as on his 4360 presentation forgot he was the speaker, will be available for future meeting.
2. Doug Hay had some video presentation from EAA and due to the length of earlier discussion time issues didn't permit the presentation.
3. January speaker and presenter is : Lew Jennings, can't miss this program
4. Questions and suggestions from membership and any requests for consideration of next board meeting.
1. Meetings:Christmas Party December 16th, next general meeting January 20, 2018 , 9 AM Pilot Lounge Thermal Airport.
2. Next Board meeting Thursday December7thy 2017, 6 PM at Coco's Palm Desert.
3. Doug Hay now handles Badges and Logo shirts, contact him for any of your needs. Thanks to the membership and lets try to bring a friend as a guest to our next meeting. Be safe in every thing you do!
4. Adjourn 11:15 AM Nels Carlson president.