Minutes for EAA Chapter 1116
General Meeting on March 17, 2018
A. Opening: President Nels Carlson called the meeting to order at 9:01 am
1. Sign-up sheet passed around and Guests introduced themselves. 17 members
and guests present.
2. Announcements: Two members in the hospital – Tony Terrigno and John Stevens, we all wish them the best for recovery.
Doug Hay has new shirts available. Due to small orders, prices have changed to
Tee Shirts - $25.00, Polo Shirts - $30.00.
Next month’s meeting will be held at the Sheriff’s Station at 9am. Stay on for a
99’s presentation at 11am – movie about 1929 Women’s Air Derby.
The PGA West Flying Club will be having a meeting on March 27, 2018 at 6 pm.
Call Rex Bloesser at 206-331-2800 for more information.
B. Old and New Business:
1. Dan Terzian reported on the discussions at the March 1, 2018 Board of Directors
2. Arlene reported on the April 14, 2018 Young Eagle Flight. Steve Ramos will
provide students from his Air Academy classes and Arlene will be asking
members to provide airplanes and pilots for the flights. Long Discussion followed.
3. The chapter is still looking for volunteers for Web Master and newsletter Editor.
Guest speaker – Ken Morrison from Canadian Recreational Aircraft Association
presented and excellent talk about his chapter’s efforts to build a club aircraft and
the ways in the past to generate funds for hangar and field. Very long discussion
followed about our need to have a Chapter Hangar.
Meeting adjourned at 10:40 am.