Minutes for EAA Chapter 1116 Board of Directors Meeting
November 2, 2017
Nels announced that Marty Davidow is having a medical problem and will not be available in the immediate future. The special meeting at Marty’s house has been postponed. The next General Meeting will be at the Pilots Lounge as usual – November 18, 2017
A. Opening: President Nels Carlson called the Meeting to Order at 6:04 pm
1. Introduction of members, sign-in sheet passed around. 6 members present.
2. Bert Ayers read the Minutes for October 6, 2017 Board of Directors Meeting.
Minutes approved as corrected.
3. Financial Report. Treasurer Marty Davidow not present. Nels Carlson gave a report
for Marty. Long discussion. Dan Terzian present as new Treasurer for next year.
Dan proposed collecting all membership dues as of January 1st. A compensation will
be made for those who paid dues in mid-year. Proposal passed.
B. Old Business:
1. Nels read a report from Sid Burks concerning the Air Academy and Boy Scout
Programs. Sid noted that three more boys earned their Merit Badge from their
participation from our program.
2. Arlene Wohlgemuth reported on the Eagle Flight program. A future flight is
planned for January 13, 2018 – second Saturday in January. 5 pilots and airplanes
are needed. Snow Birds needed to participate.
Arlene also gave a short briefing about the Havasu 600 Air Race.
3. Nels reported on the status of the Sheriff’s Hangar. Long discussion followed.
Ways to generate income to purchase a Chapter Hangar. Arlene will research
The Berger Foundation land agreements and legality in use of present hangar.
4. Old Business from the floor – no old business.
C. New Business:
1. Lengthy discussion about Young Eagle Chairperson. Appointing Carlos
Bojorques as Young Eagle coordinator was proposed. It was agreed that
Roger Ward would be Chairperson, but Carlos would be actual coordinator.
Carlos must join the Chapter and attend a Board Meeting for discussions.
2. A possible Young Eagle Flight on January 20, 2018, after the General Meeting
was discussed. A need for fast coordination is needed. Nels has a list of names.
3. A short discussion about a program for the November General Meeting. Doug
Hay may have EAA Video presentations.
4. Bert reported on the Nomination Committee’s attempt to find Officer’s for next
year. The position of Secretary is still in need of a volunteer.
5. Nels lead a discussion about the Christmas Party. Most important is a head count
of those attending. It was agreed that a small Ham together with Turkey Breasts
will be offered. Each attendee will bring whatever they like as a side dish. Traffic
control and parking area is a problem area.
6. New Business from the floor – no new business.
1. Next General Meeting is November 18, 2017, 9:00 am at the Thermal Pilots Lounge
2. Next Board of Directors Meeting is December 7, 2017, 6:00 pm at Coco’s
3. Motion to adjourn: 8:04 pm
EAA Chapter 1116 General meeting
September 16, 2017 at 9 AM
Location, Thermal Airport Pilot Lounge
A. Opening- Nels Carlson President
1. All officers present except Secretary Bert on vacation, Nels to take minutes.
Donuts were provided with a donation cup for expenses. No coffee available
Notice new renovated Lounge with revised furniture lay-out, thanks to
owners, the Obradovich's.
2. Members and guests sign in sheet traversed the room, with good turn out.
member and guest introductions and each had an opportunity to speak and
provide a little back ground and interests in aviation.
Happy to see Leonard Handleman who brought two guests.
3, Member and guests discussion: Open meeting Questions, Project
report, announcements, individual reports and stories.
New member Kurt Longeron presented his future plans in providing all woman o maintenance program.
4. Rafael Sierra gave an up date report on CVYAEP with current education
program start last month and 9 more months to go. Current student are 5 girls an
11 Boys. Will be seeking donations for the program.
B. Board Directors Report:
1. Nels report on board meeting actions:. New meeting format approved as submitted here and Date and location no change at this time.
2. Committee established for selection of coming years officers.
o Marty Davidow, Doug Hay and Bert Ayers. Contact one for your interest in
serving (New officers will be provided chapter information and records.
Nels will hand over his Chapter presidents EAA manual.)
3. Members approved the increased contribution of $ 274.00 for CVYAEP
0 sponsorship for one student.
4. Marty reported November meeting at his residence. Eagle flight rescheduled to October 14th. Arlene and Marty to set up event. Another presentation to Palm Springs Rotary, concerning Eagle Flights, next week.
1. Frank Brabec provided a 3 minute plus presentation and report on his daughter Kendra. Presentation well received.
2. Speaker---John McCarthy, Weather Man Subject—Weather. NO SHOW
3 Doug Hay spook on EAA trip to Oshkosh with Nels
4 Questions and suggestions from membership and any requests for consideration of next board meeting. Orman indicated TRM airshow May 5th 2018, should verify
1. Next Meetings: general meeting Saturday October 21st, 9 AM Pilot Lounge Thermal Airport.
2. Next Board meeting Thursday October 5th, 6 PM at Coco's Palm Desert.
3. Doug Hay now handles Badges and Logo shirts, contact him for any of your needs. Thanks to the membership and lets try to bring a friend as a guest to our next meeting. Be safe in every thing you do!
4. Adjourn 10:25 AM Nels Carlson president.Click to add text, images, and other content